Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Difficult News

There is no easy way to say this. I am coming up on my 100th post here and my one-year anniversary. But all of that seems less important today. My father passed on this morning. The memorial service will be next week some time. Needless to say, Oliver di Place may be affected. I don't know that my emotional state will allow me to fairly review albums. And there might not be much here at all for a while. But then again, there might. This blog is a lifeline for me, and I have made many friends through it. So, I'll be playing it by ear.

Whatever happens, know that Oliver di Place will eventually get back to normal. Artists: if you are interested in sending CDs for review, please continue to do so, and I will get to them as soon as I can. If you want to send inquiries, please do, but understand that I may be a little slow to respond.

Above all, to my readers and listeners: thank you for your support and your patience in this difficult time.

11 comments:

Shawn said...

Very sorry to hear this news, You have my thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time. I thoroughly enjoy this site and hope to see you back on your emotional feet soon.

Wa11 Of Sound said...

my commiserations on the passing of your dad. stay strong man.

Duncanmusic said...

please let me add my voice to the others in expressing my sorrow at your loss. My parents have been gone since 1980 and 1994 and I can tell you that you will get through it and probably come out on the other side a stronger person. Take your time and feel what you need to feel.

Ralph said...

My thoughts are with you, Darius. We all navigate this impossible time in our own way. We are with you.

Richard said...

Darius, please accept my condolences on the loss of your father. Having lost both my parents, I understand.

Linda - SE PA said...

Darius,

My deepest sympathy to you and your family on your loss.

It is one day at a time, everyday for a time and it in is your own time.

Darius said...

Thank you all for your kindness. Know that your messages are reaching me, and are greatly appreciated.

Alex said...

So sorry to hear this news.

My condolences & best wishes to you and yours.

Eclecticity said...

My sincere condolences for your loss. May you find strength and comfort through this storm. Go easy. E.

JacobM said...

Just saw this note. Very sorry to hear it; many people are thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you. God bless. W.