Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fund Drive

I would like to thank everyone who stops by here. I hope you have discovered at least one artist you never would have heard otherwise.

Now I find that I must do something that is difficult for me. Readers/ listeners, I need your help. I have an old computer that has been giving ominous signs lately, and I fear that I will soon have to replace it. To put it simply, I do not have the means to do so. So I am having a fund drive. I know times are hard, but any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to make this fun. Send me a message with your donation. Include a suggestion for a For a Song post. Make the case for why that song should be included. I may use your message as the post if I take your suggestion. Or I may do the song, and credit you for the suggestion.

If you would rather not send a song suggestion, send a comment about the blog. Why do you like it, or what could be better? Have fun with this. And I'll try to find a way to share the best ones.

Whatever else happens, I will not choose what to publish based on the size of your donation. I don't want anyone to feel left out because they can only help in a small way. Also, I make you all a promise. Any funds raised in excess of what I need to replace the computer will be used for expenses related to the blog.

Finally, let me thank you all for your help.

2 comments:

Steve said...

How about kicking off with the classic " Brother Can You Spare A Dime " ? Trying to remember the version Duanne Allman played on but it escapes me for now

Susan said...

That would be "Loan Me a Dime", a collaboration with Boz Scaggs, released on Duane Allman's 1972 Anthology album - you can listen here: http://www.rhapsody.com/duane-allman/anthology/loan-me-a-dime-boz-scaggs/lyrics.html